New Zealand Football has released an update around community football for the upcoming 2020 season in regards to the evolving COVID-19 situation. Please find this update here or below.
In accordance with New Zealand Football’s recommendations, The Board of Capital Football have decided to postpone all Capital Football activity until the 2nd of May with games and courses to be rescheduled in line with this new start date.
In accordance with the guidelines all trainings, small group skill centres and activities, including meetings, are to be postponed and can commence two weeks (18th of April) prior to this start date. These dates are subject to change due to the ever-evolving situation. For Petone FC this includes the Mitre 10 MEGA Petone Settlers Talent Centre, including Community Skills and TDP trainings.
All current pre season tournaments including the Kelly Cup have also been postponed.
Furthermore, in conjunction with Petone, the Hilton Petone Division 1 Final and Division 2 Semi Finals have been postponed until further notice.
We understand this is a very trying time for everybody and we will continue to provide as much information as possible.
Please see a question and answer sheet that we hope will provide more information on the steps and processes that we are putting in place on the Capital Football website.
- Football | All football is postponed until May 2nd
- Trainings | Can commence 2 weeks before the start of the season (18 April)
- Futsal | All futsal has been cancelled immediately
- Courses | All courses will be postponed and rescheduled from May 2nd
- Hilton Petone Cup | Postponed until further notice
- Meetings | Chair’s meeting and AGM are postponed and will be rescheduled at a later date