Please note: Teams for Grades 9-12 are now formed. Please email email@example.com to enquire about available spaces before registering.
We welcome new and returning players to Petone FC – registrations for the 2020 Football season are now open.
The 2020 football season starts on Saturday 4/Sunday 5 April for all junior teams and U17s.
Petone FC is a family friendly club offering a range of opportunities for players of all abilities and skill levels. With over 550 junior members we have teams in the following grades.
- First Kicks (4-6 years of age)
- U7 and U8 (previously 7th & 8th Grades)
- U9 to U15 (previously 9th-14/15th Grades)
- Girls only leagues (U7-U14/15 years of age)
- U17 League (Boys)
Registering in 2020
MyCOMET is an online player management system implemented by NZ Football for all New Zealand clubs. Players registered in 2019 should have a username and password from NZ Football with their MyCOMET login ID, password and link to the system.
To register for 2020 go to MYCOMET
- New football players (never played for a NZ club before) will need to create a MyCometprofile before registering then search “Seller” (Clubs) for Petone FC when registering.
- ALL players (junior and senior) must register through MyComet before being able to play for Petone FC.
- A player can only be registered to one club at a time.
How do I register?
- When registering to play in 2020, go to MyComet and enter your login/username and password. Use the Forgot Password option if you cannot remember your username or password.
- Please ensure all of your player contact information is up to date, then go to Register
- Select Petone FC as the Seller
- Add the item(s) for your age, grade and league type (i.e. mixed or girls only) to the cart
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Proceed to Checkout
- Choose to pay later or submit payment (via credit card). NB A 2.5% MYCOMET administration fee will be added to the total.
- If you choose to pay later you can pay direct to Petone FC account 020 544 0149970-00 (use your name and grade as reference)
Please note: If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For information about which grade your child should play in, grades, teams and trainings – please contact email@example.com
Registration fees can be paid by cash/EFTPOS, cheque or credit card at the Junior Registration Days (see below for dates). Cheques are payable to Petone Football Club.
Alternatively you can pay by internet banking to account 020 544 0149970-00
Transaction fee: A transaction fee of 2.5% will appear on all invoices via MY COMET and is payable for all online credit card payments only, if you pay at the registration days or via internet banking direct to the Petone FC bank account this fee is not required.
Bank account details (BNZ Petone) 020544 0149970-00. Please insert your family name and grade as a reference.
Please refer to our payment policy here
A Family Discount is available – three or more players from the same family (includes junior and senior players) receive a 20% discount. This will be applied once all registrations have been received and an invoice sent. Please choose to pay later and email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise which players (junior and senior) are included in the Family Discount. A separate invoice will be sent to you.
2020 Fees :
- First Kicks (4-6 years) – $95.00
- Under 7s – Under 8s – $125.00
- Under 9s – U12s – $125.00
- Under 13s & U15s – $125.00
- Girls Only & Mixed – $175.00 (this fee is for girls who wish to play Sat & Sun)
- U17 Boys – $140.00
All fees must be paid by 1 May 2020. Fees paid after this date may incur additional charges.
Junior Registration Open Days
If you would like to talk to us about playing football this season, come along to the Junior Registration Open Days on:
- Saturday 15 February 2020 | 3.00-5.00pm
- Wednesday 19 February 2020 | 5.30-7.00pm
What grade should my child play in?
If you are unsure which grade your child(ren) will play in, the grade is based on the age that they turn this year, i.e. if your child has turned or will turn 8 this year – they will play in 8th grade.
- First Kicks – children born 2014-2016
- U7 Grade – children born 2013
- U8 Grade – children born 2012
- U9 Grade – children born 2011
- U10 Grade – children born 2010
- U11 Grade- children born 2009
- U12 Grade – children born 2008
- U13 Grade – children born 2007
- U15 Grade – children born 2005/6
Junior Girls Information
Junior girls have a number of options for playing football.
- Girls-only league : open to players from age 7 up and teams play on a Sunday morning.
- Mixed football : girls play in teams with boys and girls. Games are mostly played on a Saturday (older grades may play Friday nights)
- Mixed and Girls only : girls are able to select both mixed and girls-only meaning they play both Saturday and Sunday
U13 and U15 (previously 13th & 14/15th) Grade Players – additional information
We are aware that college football is moving into the Year 9 and 10 space from 2019 and players may be pressured to play for school. Capital Football has also established a 14/15th combined age grade and we are currently waiting additional information about this, including game day.
We encourage parents to talk with their children and consider what is best for them and their football experience – including coaching expertise, future development opportunities and a pathway to senior football. Obviously our preference is for them to play for Petone FC as this offers them a range of opportunities.
For questions regarding playing for Petone FC, please contact the Junior Management Committee: email@example.com