By now you may have seen the initial guidelines for returning to football under Alert Level 2 from NZ Football (here).
We had been hoping for more detail around these from New Zealand Football this week, however this is still in development.
We’re really keen to get back to football as soon as we can however, whilst information has outlined that trainings can start from today, until we are sure that the measures we put in place meet the requirements of NZ Football, Capital Football and the local councils in regards the use of grounds, etc. we aren’t able to confirm training and competition start dates.
What we can do however in the meantime, is be as prepared as possible on what we know. Currently the guidelines require:
- Contact tracing for all players and supporters.
- Trainings can only be a maximum of 10 people per group (details on how many groups can train on a field at one time are still to be confirmed with councils and Capital Football).
- All gear and equipment must be cleaned prior to and following trainings and games.
- Everyone needs to wash their hands (or use hand sanitiser) before and after trainings and games
- Physical distancing protocols are in place off the field and further clarification is sought for during trainings.
- If players, coaches or support staff are unwell then they should not attend trainings or games.
- No competitions can take place until 30 May at the earliest.
Capital Football is working with the local councils to get access to grounds through to the end of September so we can have as much of a football season as possible. The guidelines regarding 10 person groups will be reviewed by the Government and Ministry of Health on 25 May and we’re hoping this will enable greater flexibility for trainings, etc.
We’re conscious that these requirements put additional onus of our club volunteers, including coaches and managers to keep everyone safe, which is why we are working on a plan to accommodate our 550 junior members and over 200 senior players.
Our coaches and junior grade managers will be in contact with all players and families over the coming days to reconfirm registrations and team information – if they haven’t done so already.
As soon as we can confidently confirm dates for trainings to resume, we will work with coaches to get this underway.
In the meantime, thanks for your patience and if you have any queries or concerns please feel free to contact Matt Bliss or Barry Pickering (for senior players) and Mark Allen (for junior players).